|Hitachi Pay By Finance|
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by this site and over phone lines. Please read carefully and print a copy for reference.
- All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT but exclude any Installation charges.
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price shown on the website.
- Please note that prices go up and down on a daily basis.
- When placing an order you are purchasing the item(s) at the price(s) shown at that time.
- Should a price subsequently change after your order is placed we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any goods you have ordered:
- We will inform you as soon as we can whereupon we will give you the option of amending your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If you cancel your order and have already paid for the goods we will give you a full refund.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
- Payment can be made by most major credit cards (except American Express and Diners Club cards). We also accept any debit card, cheque and PayPal.
- We reserve the right to apply surcharges to payments made by credit cards to reflect the transaction charges levied by the respective credit card companies.
- Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created (only applicable to non-finance purchases).
- If you choose to pay by cheque then your order will only be processed once the cheque has been received and cleared.
- When placing your order over the phone or in store, you may be offered the choice of paying a deposit instead of pre-payment in full (e.g. for large orders or specialist items). This deposit is non-refundable should you choose to cancel the order after 14 days.
- We do not give out paper invoices. We will email an order summary to you if you have given us an email address.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
- We deliver to certain postcodes within Scotland only which is defined automatically on our order system.
- Delivery is free for orders of any value, however, we may charge a premium for rapid delivery.
- Upon delivery a signature will be required.
- Delivery dates are estimated at all times and may be delayed without prior notice (e.g. due to sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant goods, as no claims will be accepted. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering goods.
- The day before delivery we endeavour to advise all customers of an estimated 2-hour delivery timeslot.
- You will be notified of your 2 hour delivery timeslot by email and SMS between 6pm and 9pm the day before delivery providing you have given us sufficient contact details.
- You cannot choose your own delivery timeslot as these are allocated by our automated route planning system. Once issued your timeslot cannot be changed, therefore someone must be present at the delivery address and able to accept the goods upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- Acceptance of your order takes place when the goods are loaded onto one of our vehicles for delivery to you. If you find you cannot keep to the delivery date you must notify us before 12 noon one working day before delivery.
- Failed delivery charges may be applied in the event that a delivery fails due to - but not limited to - any of the following reasons:
- You cancel the order after the point at which the goods have been loaded for delivery at our warehouse.
- You provide insufficient/incorrect contact details or an incorrect delivery address thereby resulting in our inability to contact you or otherwise make a successful delivery.
- You refuse delivery upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- There is no-one at the delivery address to accept delivery. You must ensure that you can be available all day on your chosen day of delivery.
- There are parking restrictions or other access problems (e.g. stairs or narrow doorways) which you failed to notify our telesales operators of. By booking your own delivery date at the checkout you are agreeing that there are no such access or parking restrictions which we should be aware of.
- We will only deliver to ground floor properties (unless a lift is available); this can include a maximum of 4 steps. Certain products may be delivered up or down a flight of stairs at additional cost. Call us to find out if the items you require can be delivered in this way.
- Whilst our own drivers are happy to wheel your product into an unobstructed room of your choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is your responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated or installed within the property.
- We do not allow customers under any circumstances to assist the driver with delivery or handling of any of our products.
- Once the delivery has been accepted at the delivery address you have a duty of care for the goods. In the event that you, or a third party, transport the goods from the delivery address to another location we cannot be held responsible for any damages.
- Damaged and Faulty Goods
- If your goods are damaged or faulty, we will replace the goods free of charge. However, if you do not want a replacement, a charge of £49.99 will be incurred to collect the item from you.
- Do not install any damaged items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Damaged goods must be reported within 48 hours of delivery.
- In the event that goods are received in a damaged state please retain the product together with any packaging and contact us within 48 hours of receipt with photographic evidence.
- In the case of an item being faulty we require an inspection by a manufacturer's qualified engineer to be carried out on the item in the location where it is installed. This is so the nature of the fault can be ascertained before we can arrange for a replacement.
- Unwanted Goods
- Do not install or use any unwanted items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt of the goods, without giving a reason. If you are not ordering a replacement, a charge of £49.99 will be incurred to collect the item from you.
- You must notify us of your wish to cancel within 7 days, starting the day after delivery.
- You have the choice of returning the goods via your own means (to Transat Home Technologies LTD 18 Shottskirk Road Shotts Lanarkshire ML7 4AB), or requesting that we collect them.
- If you request collection, we will collect the goods on the next available date that one of our delivery vehicles is in your area.
- You have a duty of care while the goods are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
- We reserve the right to apply re-handling charges for returned items under some circumstances:
- The goods received back are 'as new' but incomplete; i.e. missing components and/or accessories.
- The returned products are missing their original packaging.
- The cancellation was requested after the 7 day notification period.
- We do not accept returns and will not provide refunds under the following circumstances:
- The goods you wish to return are in any condition other than 'as new'.
- The goods have been installed and/or used.
- Cables have been cut or terminated.
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 working days of the cancellation date.
- Additional Services
- If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling on a like-for-like basis when we deliver your new item(s). We make a charge for this service to cover collection and transportation.
- Additional services which have been ordered but are then declined upon delivery are non-refundable, as we allocate space for these services on our delivery vehicles. This includes 'Old Product Collection'
- If a connection fails because the customer did not inform of us of any reason why it may not be successful or because the customer did not comply with the reasons mentioned on the installation terms and conditions page we reserve the right to make a failed connection charge.
- Accuracy of Product Information
- All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer's documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
- Data Security
- We will endeavour to take all possible reasonable care to keep all details of your order and payment secure. However in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering.
- Manufacturer's Guarantees and Extended Warranties
- All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers.
- Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years cover.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please write to us at the address shown below.
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
Summary of Charges
|Failed delivery ||Re-delivery ||£24.99 per item |
|Cancellation ||£49.99 per item |
|Re-handling of incomplete, unwanted items ||25% of the item price |
|Failed installation/connection ||100% of connection charge per appliance |
Transat Home Technologies LTD
18 Shottskirk Road
VAT Reg. No.: 262 6486 42
Company No.: SC 229625